Microsoft FAST ESP / Microsoft SharePoint Search Practice
Microsoft's acquisition of industry leader FAST has created both an incredible number of opportunities and questions.
- When will SharePoint users be able to access FAST's advanced features?
- How will Microsoft partners get up to speed on FAST ESP?
- What does this mean for FAST's Linux ESP version?
- What's to become of FAST's OEM InStream product? And other products?
- And how will this all affect pricing?
There are different levels of help that clients need, both strategic and tactical.Strategic / Business
- Vendor Neutral comparisons and roadmapping
- Best Practices and Roadmapping
- Deep knowledge of multiple search engines
- Contacts with virtually every search engine vendor
- Speak and write about FAST's technology
- FAST partner since 2004
- Multi-engine Integration and Federation
- Search engine rehabilitation, life extension
- Search engine conversion and migration
- Relevancy tuning, Taxonomies and Entity Extraction
- Heavily customized Spidering, pipeline and connectivity
Businesses of various sizes have different requirements.High-End Search Challenges
- Achieving maximum scalability with FAST's flagship product.
- Architecture, Integration and deployment issues
- Planning migration paths for FAST FDS, InStream and ProPublish
- Long term support for Java and Linux.
- Sorting out all the Microsoft and FAST search products
- Engine Selection, Architecture and Deployment
- Search Engine Security and Federated Search
- Advanced SharePoint Integration
- Staffing and Training